You are here
The Micro Fluid Bed Processor is a bench top device, able to process (granulation, coating and spray drying) small volumes through fluidization.
The processing volume ranges from batches as low as a few grams up to 50 grams. It is designed to produce at high product yield with repeatable results.
The powder is fluidized by adjusting the spray air velocity. There are three factors that affect the fluidization: spray air, purge air and inlet air. The combination of these three factors together with the special design of the spray nozzle makes it possible to process these small amounts of material. All relevant process data can be collected and the process can be up scaled to larger scale equipment.
The MicroFluidBed unit provides:
- Air Flow rate: 8 l/min
- Velocity of spray air at the exit of the spray nozzle: 200 m/sec
- Product contact parts in 316 stainless steel, glass process housing
- Electric heater
- Safety filter on exhaust air
- Special filter cleaning (mechanical and pneumatic)
- Process up scaling – data available