You are here
The QJ-230T is a bench top device that provides researchers and new product developers a means to easily evaluate the effectiveness of spheronization on their extruded products.
The QJ-230T’s size and unique features allow it to evaluate batch sizes smaller than one litre, while generating product indicative of a full scale production system.
The lab Marumerizer™ is designed to convert moist cylindrical extruded granules into smooth, uniform spheres in a variety of applications. The QJ-230T can be easily assembled with the desired friction plate for spheronization.
Moist granules, from an extruder or mixer, are fed into the spinning friction plate and thrown against the inside of the Marumerizer™ forming a "twisting rope". Collisions of the particles with the wall, friction plate and other particles result in plastic deformation of the granules, forming spheres. The final shape of particles is time and formulation dependent. Once the desired particle shape is achieved, the batch is discharged through a manual plug valve and discharge chute, collected and dried.
The QJ-230 Marumerizer™ offers:
- Bench top device ideal for a laboratory environment
- Easy disassembly of process parts
- Friction plates available with groove spaces of 2 – 8 mm
- Friction plates available in various grid patterns
- Capable of producing 0.5 mm to 10.0 mm spheres
- Double jacketed bowl for heating / cooling
- Dust chute with side outlet